Information Security Analyst I or II at Miami University
Posting DateJanuary 24, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Information Security Analysts, perform documented information security processes, with a primary focus on the university’s information security risk assessment process. As directed, research information security topics, tools, techniques, and threats. May serve as an information security resource on projects.
Information Security Analyst I Requires:
- Associate's degree earned by date of hire or 1 year relevant experience.
Information Security Analyst II Requires:
- Bachelor's degree earned by date of hire and 2 years relevant experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
Information Security Analyst I or II (Appointment at Level II assumes 2+ years of experience)
- BA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Experience with information security risk assessment concepts, methodologies, frameworks, and processes
- Experience with information security concepts, methodologies, & processes
- Experience with network security concepts, methodologies, processes, & tools
- Experience with application security concepts, methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience with security awareness security concepts, methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience with information risk assessment and mitigation concepts, methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience with forensics concepts, methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience with compliance concepts, methodologies, processes, and tools
- Ability and necessary knowledge to determine the cause of problems and generate solutions to those problems
- Prior service in an information security role in Higher education
Miami University, an EOIAA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.