Human Resources Generalist at Miami University
Posting DateJuly 27, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: Job ID: 4541 – Unclassified – FT (Salaried)
Reporting to the Director of Employment, this position serves as a recruitment specialist for classified positions, and generalist for needs within the department of Housing, Dining, Recreation and Business Services.
- Review staffing needs for positions within Housing Dining Recreation Business Services (HDRBS) and Physical Facilities Department (PFD) to establish a recruitment schedule for entry-level positions. Assist in advertising and filling needs for staff position in HDRBS.
- In conjunction with Office of Equal Employment Opportunity (OEEO), Director and external advertising agency, develop recruitment strategies to attract diverse and qualified applicant pools. Review strategies for effectiveness and revise as necessary. Develop budget for entry-level recruitment. Track metrics.
- Organize recruitment fairs for entry-level positions and attend external job fairs. Develop community partnerships for recruitment and retention.
- Review requests to fill entry-level vacancies and ensure that information is accurate and all approvals obtained. Post positions and place related ads.
- Assist applicants, administer related screenings and schedule post-employment tests.
- Review candidates, determine which candidates should be interviewed, conduct in-person interviews, conduct reference checks and determine which candidates should be hired.
- Extend job offers (verbal and written). Coordinate start dates and process any related paperwork in online hiring system and HRIS.
- Document and maintain all interviews and placements and ensure compliance with the union contract. Record, retain and report appropriate metrics related to the recruitment, hiring, and exit processing.
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is necessary.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with tact.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH edu/campus-safety/annualreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.