HR Records Analyst at Miami University
Posting DateMarch 9, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: Job ID: 3906 – Unclassified – FT (Salaried)
HR Records Analyst will be responsible for auditing personnel records in Banner (HRIS) for accuracy. Works collaboratively with HR and/or the Payroll team to research and resolve issues. Documents processes and procedures and trains HR users regarding records maintenance. Reviews change requests (pay increases, bonus payments, record changes) and resolves any issues.
- resolving any discrepancies with compensation plans, union contracts, letters of offer, civil service guidelines, or Miami policies and procedures.
- Monitors payments for compliance with wage and hour laws and identify and resolve issues. Validates bonus payments and PIP data, calculates retroactive payments and terminal vacation and/or sick leave pay.
- Serves as the lead contact for external auditors. Respond to requests by external and internal auditors. Develop and maintain processes and controls to prevent fraud.
- Assists in the development, testing, and implementation of new technologies and Banner integration. Produces ad hoc reports and runs necessary audit reports to verify and streamline processes. Provides training regarding data entry of employment records and collaborates with and assists in program process development.
- Works with HR leadership to ensure that the annual increase process is completed in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and at least 1 year of related experience; or Associate's Degree in Accounting or a related field and at least 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH edu/campus-safety/annualreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.
For a complete position description and to apply, please visit: https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=3906&job=hr-records-analyst