Food Service Operations Coordinator at Miami University
Posting DateAugust 23, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job ID: 6218 – AFSCME – Full-Time 12-Month Temporary
Performs a variety of training duties, including both administrative and hands-on kitchen tasks, related to the development of staff (on-going team members & students) as it relates to the preparation, service, and reset of food and beverage operations for university students and guests. Based on established training guidelines, individual is responsible for ensuring that all employees have received the required training and are knowledgeable and capable of properly performing tasks associated with the job. In addition, this individual is responsible for identifying and documenting ongoing training needs and communicating strengths and opportunities to the employee's supervisor. This position can move between locations and shifts to provide training to new staff members, as well as provide unit coverage, but primarily will be second shift (starting between Noon-3pm; such as 1:30-10pm) position with the location assigned on a yearly basis.
- Post-secondary education desirable
- Four years of food service and/or training experience
- Knowledge of general training techniques; ability to train and teach employees of different learning levels using video, discussion, handouts, and hands-on tools.
- Knowledge of business administration techniques and SOP writing skills
- Knowledge of food preparation/custodial/service and sanitation techniques
- Supervisory skills
- High Levels of Communication Skills including the ability to communicate effectively and positively with a diverse internal and external customer base.
- Ability to make informed and effective decisions affecting successful outcome of assigned duties
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of food service experience
- Six months of training experience, or an equivalent combination of education and leadership experience
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.