Field Service Engineer at Production Control Units, Inc.
Posting DateAugust 28, 2017
Location of Position
Production Control Units, Inc.
Designers, Engineers and Builders of Process and Special Industrial Equipment.
Advancing Technology for 70 Years, Production Control Units (PCU) is a Leader in Precision Refrigeration Handling, Metering, and Recovery Systems for International Industrial OEM’s. With Expertise That Spans the Breadth of High Volume Fluids and Gases, PCU Engineers Customized Automated Production and Process Equipment Systems. Executing on a Brand Promise of “More Than Just Great Equipment”, PCU Delivers Solutions that Result in Client Peace of Mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform equipment mechanical, electrical, and controls system check-out activities for industrial automated equipment. Check-Out activities include; 1) system set-up, 2) initial I/O check-out and verification of electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems. 3) System Process verification; 4) Support of equipment buy-off activities
- Supervise industrial equipment installation. Must have the ability to instruct plant trades and work with contractors
- Participate in installation and debug of mechanical, electrical and control systems. Must be able to verify customer processes
- Perform field modifications on existing equipment including electrical, mechanical, and control system modifications
- Associate's Degree in Engineering required with a minimum 1 year of experience in the field or in a related area
- Must have or will gain networking experience including: Ethernet/IP, Control Net, and Device Net
- Electrical troubleshooting skills: 460/3/60 Power & Motors, 24Vdc I/O, and instrumentation (typically 4-20mA) troubleshooting
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills: Pnuematics, including solenoids, pumping systems, compressors
- PLC programming experience with Rockwell Control Logix, GE, Mitsubishi or Omron
- Travel 75% including weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions at PCU