Education Technology Specialist at The Ohio State University
Posting DateDecember 2, 2016
Location of Position
The Education Technology Specialist will serve on the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) Information Technology Services (ITS) team in the Educational Technologies unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Areas of responsibility include:
- Provide support for video classrooms and other distance learning locations
- Responsible for presenter preparation, set up, recording, and duplication of distance learning activities
- Provides on-site tech support and various video related classroom duties
- Responsible for assisting IT staff with monitoring IP video conferences in the CFAES Educational Technology Services unit, Wooster locations
- Trains faculty and staff in the use and application of video conferencing and presentation systems, Assists with various video conferencing and presentation installations
- Acts as a tier 1 support for Educational Technologies
- Responsible for monitoring general help desk duties to include answering phones, escalating Educational Technologies service calls and work requests and resolving issues with help desk tickets
Knowledge of IP video conferencing systems Camtasia Software, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office as well as considerable customer service experience. Desired: A+ Microsoft certification or additional desktop support skills desired.
Application deadline: December 18, 2016.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.