DRT | Inspector/CMM Operator 2nd shift, New Haven, CT
Posting DateJuly 26, 2017
Location of Position
New Haven, CT
DRT Power Systems, LLC – New Haven, is committed to being the leader in machining turbine components for the aerospace industry by providing quality precision components and superior support – utilizing a skilled workforce, innovative technology, and sophisticated systems. Our location in New Haven, Connecticut is currently seeking excellent candidates for:
Inspector/CMM Operator 2nd shift
Duties and Responsibilities
The CMM Inspector will be responsible for programming and inspecting parts using CMM from drawings and 3-D Models. Essential responsibilities include:
- Follows First Article and Final Parts Inspection Processes to ensure verification of specifications and dimensions of all parts
- Primarily utilizes a Coordinate Measurement Machine to verify that the parts inspected are within the specified parameters. May also use surface plate, comparator or other dimensional metrology equipment
- Selects measurement techniques to maximize repeatability and reproducibility of measured parameters
- Identifies out-of-tolerance conditions and reports them via a Corrective Action Report.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years PC-DMIS CMM programming experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD; UG experience is preferred
- GD&T knowledge and experience with surface plate inspections
- Medical Instrument/Implant experience desired
- Machining experience a plus
Must be able to train on 1st shift then move to 2nd shift once training is completed.
DRT Power Systems, LLC is a dynamic and growing organization that offers competitive compensation and a full benefits suite that starts day one of employment!