DRT | CNC Programmer, Rochester, NY
Posting DateJuly 22, 2020
Location of Position
DRT Aerospace is a leader in machining turbine components for the aerospace industry by providing quality precision components and superior support. If you enjoy a dynamic, growing and challenging workplace with opportunities to individually make a difference – DRT Aerospace is just what you’re looking for.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates, according to knowledge of machine shop processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radius and curvatures, and outline sequence of operations required to machine part.
- Prepares geometric layout on computer-assisted drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths.
- Designs fixturing for new parts
- Writes instruction sheet and cutter list to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Writes CNC programs for lathes
- Writes 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC programs for mills
- Stay abreast of programming technology
- Manage work center work-in-process
- Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to travel to multiple sites (less than 30%)
- At least 5 years manufacturing related experience
- GD&T knowledge required
- Proficient in 5 axis CNC Programming required –NX preferred.
- MRP experience preferred
DRT is a dynamic and growing organization that offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including MEDICAL COVERAGE FROM DAY ONE! In addition to dental insurance, disability, and (voluntary) life insurances. The retirement plan includes a 401k with a company match.
DRT is An Equal Opportunity Employer