DRT | Account Manager, Sr./Sales and Marketing, Winsted, CT
Posting DateSeptember 28, 2018
Location of Position
First Choice for Power Systems Precision Components and Value Added Services
DRT Power Systems, is committed to be the leader in machining turbine components for the power generation and aerospace industries by providing quality precision components and superior support – utilizing a skilled workforce, innovative technology, and sophisticated systems.
The Account Manager, Sr. is responsible for direct customer contact related to parts quotes and purchase orders, sales order entry, sales order maintenance and sales administration for all sales activity at DRT Power Systems facility or region assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full ownership of the customer relationship for customers doing business in a specific facility or facilities in their region.
- Daily contact with customers via both phone and e-mail related to parts quotes and orders.
- Ability to work with customers to support inquiries and data requests.
- Manage quotes requests, development of the quotes, and delivery to the customer for small and large RFQs.
- Host meetings to update customers on the progress of their orders
- Strong emphasis on accuracy for quoting and customer growth.
- Internal customer advocate for issues related to expediting, shipping, invoicing, etc. of parts and/or assemblies.
- Ownership of the first-level, day-to-day customer relationship for routine part business.
- Maintenance of information related to the manufacturing specifications for all orders and projects.
- Data processing and analysis using tools such as BaaN, Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- Weekly reporting of sales data for management review.
- Calls on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of our firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Engineering or Business
- 5-10 years of experience supporting customers or in a general business role
- Sales experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
DRT Power Systems, LLC is a dynamic and growing organization that offers competitive compensation and a full benefits suite that starts day one of employment!