Director of Regional Tech Serv at Miami University
Posting DateAugust 24, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: Job ID#: 6222 – FT – Unclassified (Salaried)
Provide leadership for IT services and support on Miami University’s regional campuses
- Supervise classified and unclassified IT staff: complete formal written performance evaluations; direct day-to-day work and assignments; authority to recommend hiring and termination; authority to provide disciplinary actions such as oral and written warnings, or to effectively recommend the same; authority to recommend starting salaries, merit increases or other salary actions; responsible for staff training and development.
- Responsible for the operation of two (2) IT support desks consisting of nine (9) full-time staff and 20 student workers who process approximately 940 tickets per month. Requires weekly travel between regional campuses.
- Consult with faculty/staff/students on use of new & current technology.
- Develop budget, monitor expenses & approve expenditures; oversight of faculty/staff printing/copying and appropriate department/office charge back.
- Responsible for upgrading and maintaining classroom technology.
- Coordinate with Central IT on the regional campuses’ IT issues.
- Master’s Degree. IT and supervisory experience in an academic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree; Five (5) years of IT support experience. Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualreport/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.