Director, Application Dev Improv & App Support at Miami University
Posting DateOctober 24, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: 6508 – FT – Unclassified (salaried)
Accountable for establishing, promoting and enforcing quality assurance and testing standards for enterprise solutions and developing and operating tiered support for enterprise applications.
- Oversee a team responsible for Solution Delivery Application Support and Application Development Improvement including but not limited to Quality Assurance, Deployment and Development, and Data Architecture.
- In collaboration with other Solution Delivery management and staff, develop and enforce standards for quality assurance, testing, development, and deployment processes and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of solution delivery.
- In collaboration with other Solution Delivery management and staff, develop and implement practices to shift application support responsibilities from solution implementation teams to dedicated application support staff.
- In collaboration with other IT Services management and staff, establish application support practices that are consistent with organizational service management policies and procedures.
Provide consistent, decisive leadership to those providing application development improvement and application support services; clearly, communicate the IT vision and provide staff with guidance to ensure solution quality and efficiency and support the requested administrative technology solutions.
- Establish goals and objectives for the Application Development Improvement and Application Support teams and ensure they are aligned with university goals and objectives.
- Provide reports and dashboards to track KPIs and report performance to the AVP for Solution Delivery and Solution Delivery Management.
- Manage the budget for Solution Delivery Application Support and Application Development Improvement.
- Build effective relationships and partnerships with stakeholders through effective communication and collaboration.
- Manage, coach, and mentor Solution Delivery Application Support and Application Development Improvement staff. Deliver timely performance feedback and counsel staff in career/performance development.
- Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
- Participate in professional development activities. Research and analyze industry trends and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies. Participate in user groups to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Systems, or other similar related areas of study earned by date of hire, plus at least seven years of experience working in an information technology area.
- At least four years of experience demonstrating a progression in management experience.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.