Director, Application Architecture & Operations at Miami University
Posting DateAugust 23, 2019
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Director: Application Architecture and Operations, you are the leader of a diverse multi-member strong team of IT Services analysts, coordinators and data architects at Miami University.
Operating in an agile software solution delivery environment, you will lead the charge in origination and sustainability of software development best practices, quality initiatives and technology footprint.
This leadership position will be part of the Solution Delivery division of IT Services which covers a broad range of technologies and platforms including Banner ERP support, Business Intelligence, application development and support, and quality assurance.
We are looking for you to be a champion of learning and new challenges.
- Lead the team charged with application support and application development improvements.
- Be part of a collaboratively Solution Delivery management and staff that develops, matures and maintains quality assurance standards for testing, development, and deployment.
- Champion continuous improvement as key element of Miami University’s ongoing success.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external IT Services management and staff to establish dynamic application support practices that move the mature of the institution forward.
- Engage with institution partners to foster long-term mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Develop staff and teams to their full potential by supporting and mentoring them throughout their professional and personal growth.
- Champion your teams goals and objectives feeding enablement of individual and institutional growth and maturity.
- As the leader of the team, you will identify and report on appropriate team KPI’s
- Other duties and experiences as assigned.
- Require a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Systems, or other similar related area of study earned by date of hire, plus at least seven years of experience working in an information technology area.
- At least four years of experience demonstrating a progression in management experience.
- Master’s degree a plus
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
- As the Director: Application Architecture and Operations, we are looking for you to have advanced knowledge and experience in:
- Higher-ed focused information technology solutions.
- Managing the application support processes, standards and best practices.
- Leading quality assurance testing and reporting.
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Complex organizational budgets.
- Conducting cost benefit analysis, developing business cases, and conduct a business value analysis
- Agile development framework with Scrum or Kanban.
A master's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Systems, or other similar related area of study earned by date of hire, plus at least five years of experience working in an information technology area.
Miami is committed to a culture of health and wellness on campus with a wide variety of benefits, healthcare, and wellness programs.
Health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, tuition fee waiver, sick and parental leave, paid vacation, and supplemental retirement plans are part of our employee benefits package.
Plus you are able to be part of the Universities academic culture and can teach one credit bearing course per semester.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.