Digital Press/Pre-Press Operator at The Ohio State University
Posting DateJanuary 28, 2020
Location of Position
The Ohio State University is proud to be a premier employer that provides an exceptional total rewards package including medical, dental, vision and many other “hidden” benefits. Our competitive benefits package is offered to all eligible faculty and staff in order to attract, develop and retain top performers eager to share their talent, time and success. Our benefits support your health and financial goals and include not only health insurance, but also generous state retirement, tuition assistance for our employees and their dependents, wellness initiatives, and much more. Please visit https://hr.osu.edu/benefits/ for detailed information. Be your best at The Ohio State University!
Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital/Pre-Press Operator is responsible for producing materials in the printing and copying processes throughout the plant, and for the setup, operation and maintenance of a full range of digital print equipment including Xerox IGen, Xerox D125 and various other digital printers. Additional duties include:
- Meeting production deadlines and output schedules as assigned by supervisors.
- Arranging assigned tasks in most efficient and cost-effective manner to accomplish work.
- Producing digital printed media for the organization through use of printing equipment and high-volume duplicating equipment.
- Operating auxiliary equipment that is complimentary to the digital press and necessary to meet the client needs.
- Ensuring quality control.
- Performing maintenance and/or minor repair of equipment. Performs general tasks and routine assignments.
- Working under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgement.
High School Graduate or equivalent education/experience Three to five years of experience working offset printing and digital copying. knowledge of all facets of printing and copying (prepress, pressroom, bindery and mailing); strong computer literacy skills including locating, moving, imposing and troubleshooting files; experience in color management. Requires thorough knowledge of bindery equipment, materials and methods of operation; experience and knowledge of paper and differences in stock; strong problem- solving skills; ability to meet production schedules and ability to multi-task; ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods.
Application Deadline 2/12/20
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.