Digital Fundraising Coordinator at The Ohio State University
Posting DateAugust 9, 2019
Location of Position
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry is the fourth largest public dental school in the United States and it is the only public dental school in Ohio. The college is divided into ten divisions with all major ADA-recognized dental specialties represented. The College has approximately 600 students in its undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Ohio State University is proud to be a premier employer that provides an exceptional total rewards package including medical, dental, vision and many other “hidden” benefits. Our competitive benefits package is offered to all eligible faculty and staff in order to attract, develop and retain top performers eager to share their talent, time and success. Our benefits support your health and financial goals and include not only health insurance, but also generous state retirement, tuition assistance for our employees and their dependents, wellness initiatives, and much more. Please visit https://hr.osu.edu/benefits/ for detailed information. Be your best at The Ohio State University!
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Digital Fundraising Manager, the Digital Fundraising Coordinator will have oversight of the email and online annual giving fundraising efforts. They will manage the email solicitation and stewardship calendar and maintain updates to the osu.edu/giving site that align with best practices. This position will be responsible for data collection and dissemination, meeting established fundraising-focused metrics, and assisting with annual giving campaign planning.
The Coordinator will work autonomously and prioritize a high volume of work in a team-oriented environment; maintain knowledge of current digital fundraising tools and trends; have familiarity with and be able to utilize Photoshop and MS Office products (primarily Word and Excel); be skilled in managing and organizing their work and time, exhibiting flexibility and adaptability to shifting and sometimes competing priorities and demands; provide exceptional customer service; display strong communication, analytical and writing skills; and listen attentively to provide thoughtful solutions.
All members of Advancement are part of creating an inclusive culture that inspires an exceptionally diverse and talented team and are measured on their adherence to the following core competencies: leadership, continuous improvement, teamwork and collaboration, and communication/interpersonal effectiveness.
- 90% – Manage web updates for the Annual Giving team on various websites. Use our email marketing tools to put content into templates, perform quality checks, send test messages, make appropriate edits and schedule to send. Manage timelines and feedback from internal and external partners. Execute effective email templates that meet Annual Giving needs, including personalization, A/B testing, accessibility, current trends and support for email clients, browsers and devices. Pull reporting and understand KPIs for individual campaigns and digital programs as a whole. Identify opportunities for process improvement, working with internal and external partners to implement changes that are beneficial to all parties involved. Stay abreast of new and emerging digital tools, capabilities, trends and best practices.
- 10% – Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related field;
- 2 years of experience working in a digital and/or marketing strategy-focused role;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of HTML, especially as it pertains to coding marketing emails;
- Experience working in a content management system;
- Experience with email marketing
Desired Qualifications include:
- Academic or professional working experience with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Basic understanding of audience segmentation and A/B testing;
- Demonstrated analytical skills; the ability to draw conclusions and insights from the data;
In accordance with the Disaster Preparedness and University State of Emergency Policy 6.17 this position has been designated as a standby position.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status.