Data Analytics Specialist at The Ohio State University
Posting DateApril 14, 2017
Location of Position
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Corporate Engagement Office (CEO) at The Ohio State University is looking for a Data Analytics Specialist to support the development, tracking and sharing of key performance metrics, as well as the production of internal and external profiles, memos and reports synthesizing corporate partnerships and corporate impact. The Data Analytics Specialist will work closely with CEO relationship managers, the Executive Communications Specialist, and the Vice President of Economic and Corporate Engagement
- Determine key performance indicators (KPIs) for assessing corporate engagement effectiveness, develop and maintain a dashboard for monitoring team performance, and present regular reports on KPIs to corporate engagement team.
- Using a variety of electronic and print resources, develop and synthesize information on corporate partners to produce clear profiles/biographies of their background, career, financial capacity, philanthropic interests, and nature of relationship to the University.
- Generate annual reports for select corporate partners, highlighting partnership impact/outcomes leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Champion the use of data in the decision-making process, helping university stakeholders to understand not only what the numbers are but what they mean.
- Review secondary research, monitor trends, and recommend/implement new strategies or enhancements to corporate engagement processes/systems.
- Able to devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls.
- Demonstrates creativity when encountering roadblocks during fulfillment of the mission.
- Diligent about maximizing the quality, completeness and usability of data collected.
- Willing and able to study variety of academic and non-academic literature and elicit specific information in support of the corporate engagement mission.
- Track research activities and relevant outcomes in the CRM, following established data standards.
- Develop materials that reflect internal processes/systems for the easy on-boarding of new staff
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, data mining or related field. Professional work experience in prospect research, market research, financial research, legal research or similar work preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative information in market research, prospect research, or prospect management role.
- Proven data analysis and presentation skills.
- Experience assembling corporate profiles.
- Has practical, hands-on experience with querying various types of databases (relational or not) using standard software tooling.
- Has working knowledge of basic Knowledge Engineering (KE) methods: taxonomy curation from unstructured data, the codification of taxonomies into ontologies following standard KE methods. Comfortable using standard semantic software tooling to annotate data.
- Ability to generate data files in various data interchange formats (e.g., JSON/XML/CSV) as well as semantic interchange formats (e.g., N3, Turtle etc.) using standard software tooling.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve, manipulate, analyze and synthesize information gathered from a variety of sources (electronic, print, and personal accounts).
- Demonstrated written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and follow-up and excellent organizational skills required – including the ability to prioritize and multi-task several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to new programs in an emerging and changing environment.
- An aptitude for critical thinking and problem-solving. Exercises sound judgment.
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM system to track research activities
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.