Data Acquisition Technical and Team Lead at The Ohio State University
Posting DateJuly 15, 2016
Location of Position
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
This business analyst/technical lead establishes the technical vision for the Data Acquisition and Integrity team and brings advanced SQL query skills and business process prowess to define and implement a data acquisition strategy to meet Advancement’s business needs. Responsible for leading a team of data project managers/business analysts. Performs analysis of complex, high-volume business and user needs while overseeing analysis of routine needs. Organizes, prioritizes, monitors and manages multiple small and large scale data acquisition and integrity projects annually. Applies insights and field-tested problem solving project management experience, industry best practices with research and fact-finding to formulate project scope and objectives. Requires advanced knowledge and experience in SQL query and proven technical leadership as well as mentoring and training staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 or more years of experience:
- Writing complex SQL queries to extract data from multiple data systems, to integrate and analyze data
- Business and data analysis, and process improvement, researching, analyzing and interpreting information
- Managing a team
- Establishing and implementing testing plans and scripts for a vendor software product
- Project management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a high degree of competency, transparency, clarity and foresight.
- Expertise with RDMS, Microsoft T-SQL, MS Excel, MS Word.
- Experience with the university’s Advancement system or Blackbaud Enterprise CRM (BBEC)
- Master’s degree in CIS or Management Info Systems.
- Experience working with data warehouses and large data sets.
- Experience with agile project methodology. PMP or equivalent project management certification.
- MS Management Studio, SSRS, Access
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.