Cost Analyst, Lead, at AGC
Posting DateOctober 25, 2016
Location of Position
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is currently seeking a Cost Analyst, Lead responsible for developing accurate product costs and communicating this data within the organization. The Cost Analyst, Lead must be able to review the product design from Engineering and the manufacturing process for reasonableness. The Cost Analyst, Lead needs to bring an overall business perspective to new business proposals, early advanced engineering projects and corporate initiatives. A thorough understanding of estimating and rate development is required. Experience in managing people, processes, systems and/or projects are preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in Gate -1, Gate 0, launch kick-off meetings, design review meetings, etc.
- Ensure that the product Bill of Material (BOM) is complete. Review BOM assumptions for reasonableness
- Evaluate part geometry design (glass, assembly/encapsulation, components), Tolerances, etc. and with support of APD Engineering determine if “standard” or “non-standard” design
- Review manufacturing machine cycle, labor, indirect costs, scrap, equipment and tooling for reasonableness
- Develop product cost: material usage, material cost, machine cycle, labor, efficiency assumptions, scrap, capital requirements, depreciation assumptions, tooling and logistic requirements for new business and for changes to current business
- Provide financial insight on balancing equipment automation and labor
- Communicate and educate the organization on cost
- Participate in yearly overhead rate study for all manufacturing locations
- Can walk year over year rate changes
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and work instructions for product costing requirements to increase cost accuracy and reduce lead-time for product cost quotations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Engineering (MBA or CPA preferred)
- 5-10 years’ experience in finance, engineering, or manufacturing and 5 years’ automotive experience
- In depth understanding of key financial measure: IRR, ROA, ROS, NPV
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Ability to sort and manipulate large amounts of data