Coordinator Cooperative Education at The University of Akron
Posting DateFebruary 22, 2019
Location of Position
Located in Akron, Ohio, The University of Akron (UA) is one of the largest employers in the region and offers an array of employment opportunities. Here you'll find a metropolitan setting that places you in the heart of a dynamic, regional economy and in sync with the pulse of business, government and the community.
We're committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff by including individuals from varied backgrounds and characteristics, including age, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, sexual orientation and socioeconomic background. We're also committed to offering competitive salary and benefits packages to qualified candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as career adviser for students and alumni with regards to career development, co-op/internships, and job placement. Plans and implements programs for current students and recent graduates with the goal of creating early class identification, deepening alumni interest in the College. Coordinate alumni engagement events and maintain alumni engagement database. Maintain communication to alumni and development department for engagement purposes.
- Provide counseling and guidance to students in career planning. Advise and counsel students as to eligibility of intern/co-op and full-time placement. Evaluate student resumes and provide guidance on corrected content.
- Develop alumni activities with the goal of creating strong ties of current students to the college prior to graduation, as well as designing and implementing alumni events for recent graduates. Creatively engage and educate students about the need for and benefits of strong alumni involvement. Interact directly with alumni as it relates to placement activities, as needed.
- Assist Director with goal setting and assessing service needs.
- Maintain alumni engagement database. Research updated alumni positions and effectively communicate information with alumni and development departments for engagement purposes.
- Maintain effective lines of communication between students, employers and Director. Assist Director in responding to routine questions and/or problems from students, staff, faculty and administrators. Help provide guidance of all policies/procedures of program.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree required.
- Minimum of one year experience in recruiting, placement work, or admissions in higher education, corporate recruitment, or engineering field including engineering cooperative education experience.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Knowledge in word processing, spreadsheets, and maintaining a database required.
Application deadline: March 23rd, 2019
For complete position details, click the Apply Here above and enter Job ID #11345
The University of Akron is an equal education and employment institution. It is the policy of this institution that there shall be no unlawful discrimination against any individual in employment or in its programs or activities at The University of Akron because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military status or status as a veteran. The University is also committed to the principles of affirmative action and acts in accordance with state and federal laws.