Controls Engineer II at Production Control Units, Inc.
Job TypeTemp to Full-time
Posting DateApril 3, 2018
Location of Position
Production Control Units, Inc.
Designers, Engineers, and Builders of Process and Special Industrial Equipment.
Advancing Technology for 70 Years, Production Control Units (PCU) is a Leader in Precision Refrigeration Handling, Metering, and Recovery Systems for International Industrial OEM’s. With Expertise That Spans the Breadth of High Volume Fluids and
Gases, PCU Engineers Customized Automated Production and Process Equipment Systems. Executing on a Brand Promise of “More Than Just Great Equipment”, PCU Delivers Solutions that Result in Client Peace of Mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
This mid-level position in the Industrial Automation & Machine Control field includes the engineering, design, programming, implementation and testing of electrical control systems of automated equipment. Committed to the personal, professional and technical development and subject matter knowledge.
- Responsible for implementing controls design of customer-specific equipment.
- Designs and creates electrical control schematics using a CAD system (AutoCAD 2010)
- Develops and Maintains Bills of Materials of electronic hardware and software for single process machines
- Modifies PLC/ HMI programs and assist in the development of clean sheet programs.
- Responsible for the electrical hardware debug, software debug and functional testing of equipment
- Responsible for the delivery of projects to schedule and on budget
- Assist in the development of controls engineering personnel
- Support the Technical Services Group to resolve client technical problems
- Provide field support and installation support or service as needed
- Able to work as a participative team member and communicates regularly with all internal company departments and customer personnel
- Ability to operate within unpredictable work schedules
- Support and Maintain Engineering Standards, Administrative Policies, Procedures and ISO Quality/Environmental Processes
- Travel as Needed
- Bachelors of Science Degree- Electrical Engineering or related field required
- Minimum of five years’ experience with automated process equipment
- Electrical troubleshooting skills – 460/3/60 Power & Motors, 24Vdc I/O, and instrumentation (typically 4-20mA) troubleshooting. Ability to use multi-meter, field O-Scope instruments.
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills – Pneumatics, Fluid/Vacuum Pumps
- PLC programming experience with platforms of major suppliers such as Allen Bradley, GE, Mitsubishi, Siemens or Omron
- Minimal knowledge of Physics and Fluid Dynamics
- Minimal knowledge of Process Control Analysis (Cp/Cpk)
- Industrial Networking experience including – Ethernet/IP, RIO, Control Net, and Device Net. CAN communication
- Requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering concepts and procedure
- Knowledge of industrial electrical standards (NFPA 79, UL 508, NFPA)
- Excellent IT skills in ERP system, word processing, spreadsheets and engineering packages, MS Project
- Exposure to Six Sigma, ISO Auditor, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement initiatives highly desirable
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal
- History of meeting or exceeding performance goals and objectives
Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions at PCU.