Controller at Production Control Units, Inc.
Posting DateJune 20, 2017
Location of Position
Production Control Units, Inc.
Designers, Engineers and Builders of Process and Special Industrial Equipment.
Advancing Technology for 70 Years, Production Control Units (PCU) is a Leader in Precision Refrigeration Handling, Metering, and Recovery Systems for International Industrial OEM’s. With Expertise That Spans the Breadth of High Volume Fluids and Gases, PCU Engineers Customized Automated Production and Process Equipment Systems. Executing on a Brand Promise of “More Than Just Great Equipment”, PCU Delivers Solutions that Result in Client Peace of Mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, inclusive of administrative oversight, team goal setting, performance reviews, staff augmentation, performance improvement and planning/directing all activities of the individuals in their charge.
- Support the strategic planning process by providing long term financial projections reflecting the assumptions outlined in the strategic plan. Provides insight into the risk sensitivity associated with the current and future business drivers.
- Establishes, plans and administers the overall policies and goals for the accounting department.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by jobs.
- Perform month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze accounts as required.
- Prepare/Review payroll for hourly and salary.
- Coordinate with IT department for system issues, maintenance and development such as production, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, import/export of receiving & shipping, and other.
- Assist in compliance with government requirements.
- Analyze and prepare cash forecasting.
- Prepare and assist in the billing and collection of client invoices.
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, costs and balance sheet accounts.
- Review and analyze job margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to job costs and profitability.
- Work on special projects as required.
- Support and assist in reporting requirements such as review schedules, tax schedules and others.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of month end financial statements.
Education, Experience & Accomplishments:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Graduate degree or MBA highly desirable
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant required
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in accounting/finance, to include a minimum of five (5) years of management experience, is required
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft Office products
- Manufacturing background preferred.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal.
- History of meeting or exceeding individual and department performance goals and objectives.
- Personal energy to always strive for achieving results and perfection.
- Ability to energize other people, assisting them in achieving their full potential.
- The capacity to recover quickly from failure, with the ability to make the tough calls.
- Comfortable with working outside of one’s comfort zone.
Equal Opportunity Employer