Chief Procurement Officer at Miami University
Posting DateMay 18, 2017
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: Job ID: 4215 – Unclassified – FT (Salaried)
This position serves as the Procurement Leader for Miami University's acquisition of goods, services, and construction contracting. As the Chief Procurement Officer s/he will work directly with the CFO and his/her direct report staff to:
- Plan, provide innovative leadership, communicate and execute procurement strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and conduct broad-based data analytics, metrics, dashboards, score carding, contract negotiation/review and archive completed contracting documents.
- Manage e-procurement systems that provide access to available catalogs, contracts, or other ordering systems to buy and receive common commodities.
- Manage procurement policy and procedures, marketplace solicitations (RFx and Construction) to ensure appropriate techniques and desired results are achieved.
- Manage assigned employees to achieve results/objectives by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance/results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees (if necessary).
- Foster and deploy continuous process improvement and educational opportunities for increased knowledge and skills using site visits, exchanges, course work and other methods for total job enrichment.
- Serve as a standing committee member of the Ohio Inter-University Council Procurement group and represents the University as contracting officer for all diversity-related procurement activities such as Ohio MBE and Edge guidelines.
A bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related area of study earned by date of hire, plus 7-10 years experience working in purchasing with a track record of progressively responsible experience in financial management.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the abilities, knowledge, and skills listed above may be substituted.
- Proficient in managing functional requirements; proficient in managing, documenting, and translating business requirements to functional requirements.
- Proficient with communication skills (presentation, listening, written), possess active listening skills and an ability to present to audiences and write clear, succinct structured documents and messages.
- Proficient with problem-solving, an ability to research, identify and resolve problems
Salary: $120,000-130,000 annually
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOHedu/campus-safety/annualreport/ index .html. Criminal background check required.
All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.