Associate Director of Strategic Procurement & Contract Administration at Miami University
Posting DateJuly 19, 2019
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Director of Strategic Procurement and Contract Administration is a key member of the office of Strategic procurement, and contributor to the development of strategic sourcing plans in support of university-wide initiatives engaging key stakeholders to meet departmental sourcing and procurement needs involving projects that are more complex in nature.
Direct Supervisor: Complete formal written performance evaluations; direct day-to-day work and assignments; authority to recommend hiring and termination; authority to provide disciplinary actions such as oral and written warnings, or to effectively recommend the same; authority to recommend starting salaries, merit increases or other salary actions. Responsibilities also include:
- Assign and direct work
- Inspect work
- Coach and/or counsel
- Conduct performance evaluation
- Recommend disciplinary action
- Make hiring recommendations
- Make termination recommendations
- Provide legal review, development, and negotiation of supplier agreements in support of university-wide sourcing and procurement initiatives.
- Reviews competitive bids, requisition requests, and manage RFP process above-established dollar threshold amounts in assigned categories in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains a sourcing plan that coordinates the sourcing and contract management activities within assigned categories to deliver targeted benefits.
- Develops and maintains relationships with departments for purposes of gathering, analyzing and conveying information to support category management and strategic sourcing efforts.
- Plans and conducts strategic sourcing process on defined opportunities, engaging key stakeholders in the process, to meet departments’ procurement needs.
- Maintains deep category expertise through understanding and application of industry developments, marketplace trends, emerging technology, new techniques, leading practices, and shared experiences.
- Manages key supplier relationships and conducts periodic business reviews to drive savings through innovation and resolve issues and disputes.
- Measures and reports benefit delivered through strategic sourcing and ongoing contract management activities.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field, and 5+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain management, contract language, and development.
Juris Doctorate Degree, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
Experience working in an academic/higher education organization or in a cyclical service delivery environment is a major plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Legal contract review and development
- Data collection and analysis
- Business intelligence and Analytics
- Catalog strategy execution
- Issue resolution/problem solving
- Microsoft Office
- ERP System knowledge and experience
- eProcurement application experience including eInvoice, eSourcing, and system support/administration
Submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references via the Apply button above
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.