Associate Director of Administration and Planning at The Ohio State University
Posting DateJanuary 14, 2019
Location of Position
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Student Life's Dining Services at The Ohio State University is the primary provider of food services to students, faculty, staff and guests of The Ohio State University. Dining Services embraces a mission of creating extraordinary student experience through authentic service and extraordinary food.
As the senior leadership team member of the Student Life Dining Services, this position is primarily responsible for administrative and planning functions of the department. Serves as leader on all construction projects for Dining Services operations. Supports short, long-term facilities planning, and physical improvement of the operations, including small and large construction projects. Oversees technology related projects for high volume multi-facetted dining operations. Oversees infrastructure and equipment maintenance. Serves as a member of the Executive Team with responsibility for the leadership of operational units as assigned, including OSU Regional campus dining services concepts. Supervises management staff who in turn leads subordinate managers, regular full time staff and student employees. Assists with the development of and ensures compliance with operational budgets, assuring that fiscal goals are met. Responsible for leading and fostering a team of staff, in a diversity-valued organization, to serve and support customers in the university environment. Ensures that operations are run in an efficient, fiscally responsible manner; serves as a representative of Dining Services on University, Divisional and Department committees, ensuring that the vision and direction of the department is in line with the goals of Dining Services, as well as Student Life. Participates in centralized planning, implementation and evaluation of the overall Student Life Dining Services program.
The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated success in several areas, including:
- Extensive experience with restaurant planning and construction and human relations, particularly verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Ability to produce technology ideas to enhance guest satisfactions, operational efficiencies and employee satisfaction.
- Ability to research and analyze restaurant and other industries to gain ideas that can be applied to enhance the dining program.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge overseeing administrative office functions in a high volume business environment.
- Experience working in a high paced food service environment.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in business management or related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.