Assistant Vice President, Solution Delivery at Miami University
Posting DateFebruary 25, 2019
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job ID: 6845 – FT – Unclassified (salaried)
The Assistant Vice President for Solution Delivery is the senior leader for the 50+ employee strong Solution Delivery division of IT Services at Miami University. In this position, you will oversee teams in an agile solution delivery environment focused on providing Miami with forward thinking, reliable, strategically oriented technology solutions. The Solution Delivery division of IT Services covers a broad range of technologies and platforms including Banner ERP support, Business Intelligence, application development and support, and quality assurance. Our ideal candidate loves learning and new challenges and is a relationship and people-oriented strategic leader. If you have a history of growing and developing your staff and organization while providing excellent IT service and would love to partner with a broad range of organizations and individuals, this could be the job for you!
- Lead the Solution Delivery division of IT Services and serve as a member of the IT Services leadership team
- Manage strategic partnerships and build strong long-term relationships with organizations and individuals both on and off campus.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders, strategic partners, and other IT Services units to ensure effective delivery of institutional technology solutions that support their business objectives and University strategies.
- Oversee the complete solution lifecycle, including initial solution discovery and exploration, portfolio management, design, build, test and launch activities, integration with other Miami and 3rd-party provided solutions, ongoing product support and enhancement, and ultimately the appropriate sunsetting of obsolete and legacy applications.
- Serve as a champion for effective solution delivery and guide the day to day efforts of the Solution Development division, including ensuring on-time, on-budget, quality delivery of solutions using Agile methodologies. Champion continuous improvement as key element of Miami University’s ongoing success.
- Set and manage to institutional, organizational, and division goals using appropriate measures and metrics.
- Develop staff and teams to their full potential by supporting and mentoring them throughout their professional and personal growth.
- May teach one credit-bearing course per semester with departmental approval.
- Other duties as assigned
- Require a Masters degree with 7 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Require at least five years of experience demonstrating a progression in management experience to the senior level.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, admitted for residence as an applicant under the 1986 immigration amnesty law, refugee asylee.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
- Advanced leadership skills; proven ability to energize and motivate teams while maintaining the University's core values.
- Significant experience with IT and organizational strategy; expert ability to collaboratively develop and communicate strategy in cooperation with diverse teams and viewpoints to enable University goals. Demonstrated strategic vision for solutions, applications, development tools, and related areas.
- Strong people management skills including a proven ability to establish and maintain team relationships, experience developing programs to foster and improve professional development, a focus on staff empowerment, and the ability to respond to personal and professional needs as well as to mentor staff members.
- Advanced communication skills including presentation, listening, and writing skills.
- Robust relationship management skills including a proven ability to establish and maintain partner, business, and vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated excellence in service management and ownership including experience evaluating and managing service offerings and maintaining service catalogs and lifecycles.
- Proven experience with complex organizational budgets including the ability to conduct a cost-benefit analysis, develop a business case, and conduct a business value analysis.
- Prefer relevant professional certification in a related area or discipline, including PMP, Lean/Six Sigma, Agile/Scrum, leadership, business, or technical certification.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy is available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.