Assistant Director of Real Estate at The Ohio State University
Posting DateSeptember 25, 2018
Location of Position
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Director of Real Estate partners with University clients to develop strategies that fulfill real estate needs. Leads a project delivery team focused on fulfilling the needs of University partners. Provides departmental leadership, supervision, and guidance to staff; has decision making authority as delegated by the Director of Real Estate, including, but not limited to, approval authority for Project Memos. Oversees real estate staff members and approves staff work output. Completes due diligence and financial analysis for potential transactions; negotiates, drafts, reviews, and approves real estate purchase contracts, leases, easements, licenses, and memoranda of understanding; markets and shows available University property to prospective lessees and purchasers; completes strategic acquisitions and divestitures of real estate as directed; develops property specific marketing plans; negotiates and drafts purchase and sale contracts; completes all necessary due diligence.
At least 5 years of managerial experience in a corporate or university real estate setting B.A. or B.S. in related field, or equivalent education/experience in real estate brokerage, real estate investment, facility management, project management, and/or real estate law.
- Broad familiarity and experience with a wide array of real estate transactions
- Capacity to negotiate for and achieve desired deal terms; Ability to think and work independently
- Ability to supervise and work well with others
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at the same time; Ability to prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Real Estate License
- Real Estate development knowledge
- legal training; Property management experience
- Accounting and/or finance expertise
- Specialized training from industry-oriented providers such as International Facility Management Association (IFMA), Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), or Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA).
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.