Assistant Bindery Machine Operator at The Ohio State University
Posting DateJanuary 15, 2020
Location of Position
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry seeks a Program Director for Clinical Health and Safety. This position provides governance of the organization's environmental, health and safety requirements, leading compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
Organization: The Ohio State University College of Dentistry is the fourth largest public dental school in the United States and it is the only public dental school in Ohio. The college is divided into ten divisions with all major ADA-recognized dental specialties represented. The College has approximately 600 students in its undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Ohio State University is proud to be a premier employer that provides an exceptional total rewards package including medical, dental, vision and many other “hidden” benefits. Our competitive benefits package is offered to all eligible faculty and staff in order to attract, develop and retain top performers eager to share their talent, time and success. Our benefits support your health and financial goals and include not only health insurance, but also generous state retirement, tuition assistance for our employees and their dependents, wellness initiatives, and much more. Please visit https://hr.osu.edu/benefits/ for detailed information. Be your best at The Ohio State University!
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Bindery Machine Operator produces and assists in the printing and copying processes throughout the plant. Additional duties include:
- Meeting production deadlines and output schedules as assigned by supervisors.
- Producing printed media for the organization through use of printing presses and high-volume duplicating equipment.
- Performing associated copying/binding/finishing work.
- Operating various bindery machines to produce quality finished products based off specifications of job ticket
- Setting up and operating bindery machines.
- Assisting on the large offset presses.
- Ensuring quality control.
- Performing routine assignments as directed and working closely with supervisor to complete tasks with little latitude for independent judgment.
High school diploma, GED, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; 1-3 years of experience working in offset printing and digital copying; knowledge of printing, copying and mailing equipment; bindery experience; working knowledge of computers and experience in opening, moving and preparing files to plate-setters, B/W and color copiers, and input into computer system; preparing mailing files for ink-jetting or use on addressing equipment; ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended period of time.
Application deadline: 1/27/2020
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.