AGC Supply Chain Transportation Analyst, Farmington Hills, MI
Posting DateSeptember 22, 2017
Location of Position
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Supply Chain Transportation Analyst has the responsibility to support AGC Glass North America, in Transportation Operations, Exports and Imports, Logistics Services and Warehousing. This position requires excellent communication and teamwork with the Sales Team, Operations, Program Management teams globally and Corporate office. The position will report to the Sr. Manager, Supply Chain.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate rates with Brokerage Service to provide best cost
- Identify and develop Logistics processes with 3PL to reduce cost and improve service
- Ensure Trade Compliance across all operational regions
- Support plants with logistical & compliance needs
- Assist 3PL by interacting with operations and commercial team to optimize logistical routing and frequency to minimize costs
- Develop and implement innovative transportation optimization concepts with 3PL
- Employ analytic capabilities to effect improvements in operations performance and validate our supply chain strategies
- Influence early stage product design to improve supply chain and serviceability by working with teams across the organization
- Update cost-savings database with potential cost-saving opportunities
- Update weekly program metrics for management
- Develop best practice for warehouse strategy to move forward within the organization and reduce cost
- Support Supply Chain Manager in projects
- Support Sales and Customer Service teams
- Ability to cross-train across all Supply Chain Operations functions
- Bachelor Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain, supplier management, process development, transportation and warehouse management
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks
- Candidate must be able to communicate in English and travel occasionally in the US for training or launch support
- Excellent knowledge of product lifecycle, tools, processes, and operations planning
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP
- Experience in TMS (Transportation Management Systems), or TMS-related systems preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.