AGC Safety Manager, Elizabethtown, KY
Posting DateAugust 17, 2017
Location of Position
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
This position will plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities of a comprehensive safety and health program addressing all areas of operations in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA requirements and AGC policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategic departmental long and short-range plans
- Develop, deploy, promote and maintain health and safety management systems
- Manage the effective operation and administration of the location’s health & safety management systems
- Develop coordinators, managers, and associates through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities
- Manage health and safety-related communication flow and coordination between departmental resources
- Serve as liaison for regulatory agencies and for effective case management with the worker compensation carrier
- Establish, implement, and ensure compliance in investigating and reporting incidents involving injuries, illnesses, property damage, and near miss cases
- Address all requests for safety related information from government agencies and Corporate in a timely manner
- Audit facility for safety compliance to federal, state, and local regulations as well as company standards and initiates any required improvements
- Act as consultant to the leadership team and associates for all safety and health issues
- Design, implement, review, and lead safety related training programs to associates
- Analyze past and current losses to identify trends for the purpose of directing and implementing safety focus areas within facility
- Lead and/or participate in problem-solving activities regarding safety and process concerns
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local safety regulations
- Ensure safe workplace for all associates and visitors
- Recommend and implement the resolution of corrective actions
- Develop, deploy and manage a performance system that includes metrics to monitor health & safety performance
- Prepare, manage, and achieve departmental financial and KPI’s budget
- Support Corporate EHS activities and participate in activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or relevant area of study
- Five to seven years professional experience in health and safety manufacturing environment
- Leadership experience in managing mixed team of hourly and professional associates
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem-solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and state safety and health regulations
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of Behavioral Based Safety programs
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.