AGC QMS and Homologation Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
Posting DateAugust 10, 2017
Location of Position
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
The QMS and Homologation Manager will develop, manage and improve AANA Quality Management systems, by planning and leading certification activities on current (TS 16949) and future standards (IATF 16949, VDA, etc.) as well as develop and implement Product, Process and System Audits throughout all North America locations (Canada, US, Mexico).
- Manage the improvement of AGC NA Quality Management Systems by planning Product, Process and System audits
- Lead Certification activities for all applicable standards such as IATF, VDA, etc.
- Manage the external third party audit activities (QMS and Homologation)
- Report to Management of QMS KPIs (plan, audit results, closure of findings, etc.)
- Lead the homologation group for product safety regulatory requirements (ECE, JIS, FMVSS, CC, etc.)
- Coordinate with other AGC Automotive regions on regulatory items as well as to represent the company with regulatory bodies as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical undergraduate degree
- Minimum 7 years in Quality assurance preferred
- Strong understanding and experience on implementing and maintaining ISO/TS, IATF, and VDA compliant QMS
- IATF 16949 Lead Assessor training from a reputable trainer (or proof of minimum 20 audits) or recent TS 16949 Internal auditor training from a reputable trainer
- Ability to travel extensively, with short notice and internationally, mostly to US/CAN/Mexico with occasional travel to Europe and Asia. Expected 50% travel per year with some months that could be more
- Ability to read and write in multiple languages preferred (Spanish)
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.