AGC Project Leader – Antenna Connectivity, Ypsilanti, MI
Posting DateAugust 24, 2017
Location of Position
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC Automotive Americas – R&D Inc. has an opening for a Project Leader – Antenna Connectivity responsible for managing and leading global automotive antenna related research, development, and validation projects for new and existing innovative glazing products and processes in Ypsilanti, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct research and development activities
- Advise on and propose innovative new product and process improvement strategies
- Develop clear project objectives and proactively adjust these as research develops
- Propose and manage multiple local and global research and development projects and activities
- Develop, propose, manage and report annual and multi-year project budgets
- Locate, collect, analyze, and report cost(s) associated with project activities from R&D through production
- Develop, monitor, and report on project roadmaps
- Lead and participate in root cause analysis activities
- Manage day-to-day activities, development, and evaluation of direct reports
- Monitor developments in antenna field and antenna industry
- 5+ years leading multiple R&D or product validation projects simultaneously, automotive preferred
- 12 months of experience in RF and antenna systems design and implementation including Antennas for automotive applications such as GPS, cellular, Satellite, Multiband, UWB, and others
- Proficiency in the use of commercial 3-D Electromagnetic modeling and simulation tools, Advanced Design System (ADS) and Matlab
- Know-how in the fabrication of antenna prototypes for multiple applications
- Competence in performing RF/antenna measurements
- Expertise in using antenna/RF-circuit measurement equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, antenna positioners, etc.
- Solid understanding of RF principles, circuit analysis, design and related engineering tools
- Ability to independently conduct RF/antenna projects and communicate technical information
- Applied use of Stage Gate approach from R&D through mass production
- Knowledge and experience with project level financial activities
- Demonstrated ability to apply common and thorough problem-solving methods
- Experience leading and mentoring project teams
- Working knowledge of specifications, standards, scientific test methods, equipment, and instrumentation relevant to area of specialty
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present complex technical information
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, ladder logic, Visual Basic, LabView, etc.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.