AGC Mechanical Project Engineer, Elizabethtown, KY
Posting DateJuly 31, 2017
Location of Position
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
This position will coordinate activities in all areas of capital project development, implementation and completion in order to meet defined budget schedule and return on investment. The Mechanical Project Engineer will also provide mechanical or electrical engineering support for production and maintenance as may be required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a safe and environmentally productive work environment
- Develop detailed project plans including project schedule, budget, and return on investment
- Plan, coordinate, and lead capital project scheduling, budgeting and administrative tasks
- Manage all aspects of project, including cost control, resources, scope, and equipment design
- Manage and document progress of project implementation to include weekly progress reporting
- Interface with team members, internal customers and equipment vendors
- Communicate process, equipment, and tooling changes as required
- Conduct studies to maximize efficiency of the production process as it pertains to yield, cycle time, job change time, mechanical failure and adjustment
- Present monthly reports on capital improvement projects
- Assist in instruction, training and checking of assigned work areas
- Demonstrate leadership values in all aspect of responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 2 – 5 years engineering experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CAD software, etc.
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management
- Ability to work through and influence others
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.