AGC IT Support & Business Intelligence Analyst, Farmington Hills, MI
Posting DateAugust 29, 2017
Location of Position
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
We are currently seeking a full-time IT Support & Business Intelligence Analyst to provide IT help desk support for a corporate office of approximately 100 end users and identify business intelligence, reporting and data analysis needs for the Automotive business segment of AGC located in Farmington Hills, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and create BI reports and dashboards based on business needs and reporting requirements
- Train and support end users on their reporting needs by using IBM Cognos tool and leveraging existing reports
- Work on automotive business unit reporting requirements and be the link between end users and IT development teams in IT shared services in a collaborative and matrixed organization
- Influence the use and adoption of reporting best practices and leverage the capabilities of existing data warehousing toolset (Cognos)
- Serve as the on-site central point of contact for end-users seeking technical assistance (computers/laptops/tablets, video conference, phone, internet, mobile, network, computer peripherals) at Corporate office of ~100 end users
- Utilize Company’s service desk tracking software to ensure proper ticket creation, description and resolution are properly documented
- Document and maintain existing processes and procedures in common SharePoint site, to avoid single point of dependency
- Perform remote support services through the use of AGC standard Video Conferencing technology (Life Size) and proven problem-solving techniques
- Communicate effectively with end-users throughout the entire lifecycle of support requests
- Image, test, deploy, and maintain new and existing computers, software applications, printers, copy machines, and other technical peripherals
- Perform LAN and WLAN troubleshooting, maintenance and repair with assistance from Shared Services Networking support team
- Perform necessary actions to maintain tape backup schedule and Disaster Recovery requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or information systems or a combination of other certification and relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience with IBM Cognos tool as a super user and/or as a BI solution trainer
- Business Intelligence development skill-set in designing and developing standard and ad-hoc reporting environments (Reports, dashboards, etc.)
- Proven track record of converting business requirements into Cognos dashboards and active reports
- Experience with imparting Cognos training to user base and understands the key functional modules and functionality of Cognos
- Data warehousing and/or data analytics course/certification preferred
- ITIL Foundations or similar certification desirable
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.