AGC HR Generalist Elizabethtown, KY
Posting DateJuly 19, 2017
Location of Position
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will assist with the day-to-day activities of the human resources function for a single site facility.
- Participates in development of departmental goals, objectives, and associate relations plans
- Develops and maintains relationships with employment agencies, universities, and other recruitment sources
- Coordinates and maintains associate records including personnel, benefits, confidential, and training files
- Develops, prepares, and distributes reports as required on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- Administers performance management systems
- Manages FMLA program including review of request, approval/denial of request, and notification to employee in accordance with Department of Labor standards and coordination with other leave types
- Coordinates, conducts and/or participates in conflict resolution activities
- Conducts and coordinates investigations with appropriate personnel as necessary
- Acts as primary HR interface with associates
- Leads associate on-boarding
- Ensures all proper documentation is in place for all associate record keeping
- Works closely with corporate benefits and payroll teams to ensure all benefit plans and payroll activities are in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Coordinates and facilitates associate meetings and events
- Coaches leadership team for skill development in coordination with HR Manager
- Establishes and ensures strong and positive associate relations environment
- Bachelor’s degree – Business Management / Human Resources
- 5 – 7 years of human resources experience
- 2 – 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- PHR or other HR certifications preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, KT, 8D, etc.
- Advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of ADP, Kronos or other HR systems
- Strong leadership, facilitation and coaching skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret, implement, and ensure compliance to federal and state employment regulations with ability to establish resources to stay abreast of potential changes to regulations/law that may impact the company
- Self-motivated, energetic with the ability to think outside the norm
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter. For more information, please visit: www.AGCcareers.com