AGC Cost Analyst, Farmington Hills, MI
Posting DateAugust 31, 2017
Location of Position
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
We are currently seeking a full-time Cost Analyst to develop accurate product cost and communicate this data within the organization. Knowledge of product and process are critical. The Cost Analyst must be able to review the product design from Engineering and the manufacturing process for reasonableness. The Cost Analyst needs to bring an overall business perspective to new business proposals, early advanced engineering projects and corporate initiatives. Additional responsibilities will include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in Gate -1, Gate 0, launch kick-off meetings, design review meetings, etc.
- Review OEM documents provided with RFQ
- Collect required data from product engineering, purchasing, manufacturing and logistics
- Ensure that the product Bill of Material (BOM) is complete. Review BOM assumptions for reasonableness.
- Evaluate part geometry design (glass, assembly/encapsulation, components), Tolerances, etc. and with support of APD Engineering determine if “standard” or “non-standard” design
- Review business volume, program life, start of production date, manufacturing location and delivery assumptions.
- Review manufacturing machine cycle, labor, indirect costs, scrap, equipment and tooling for reasonableness.
- Support development of product cost: material usage, material cost, machine cycle, labor, efficiency assumptions, scrap, capital requirements, depreciation assumptions, tooling and logistic requirements for new business and for changes to current business as required
- Provide financial insight on balancing equipment automation and labor
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audience
- Ability to sort and manipulate large amounts of data
- Aptitude for problem solving in order to resolve business, financial, customer, and organizational issues
- Proven interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must possess effective analytical skills in areas of accounting, critical thinking, analysis and communication
- 4 year degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Engineering
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.