AGC Assembly Tooling Engineer, Farmington Hills, MI
Posting DateAugust 1, 2017
Location of Position
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Tooling Engineer position is responsible for leading design and build of value added assembly tooling, Robot EOAT and load fixtures. This position will develop and maintain AGC Equipment Design Standards satisfying the manufacturing and quality requirements of our manufacturing facilities and OEM customer. Position reports to the PEG Encapsulation Engineering Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain Automation and Assembly design and build standards
- Participate in design review of all new encapsulation products
- Suggest design improvements for increased manufacturability and target KPI attainment
- Recommend sourcing of new assembly tooling based on cost, timing, and supplier capability
- Lead equipment design reviews and approve final equipment design
- Track timing and follow progress on all new process tooling
- Lead equipment development trials as well as plastic injection process development at supplier’s facilities
- Schedule and support trial at the AVO manufacturing site
- Create and maintain open issues lists, with manufacturing input, for each piece of equipment under construction and in development
- Document lessons learned and make sure they are incorporated into future builds
- Create and maintain master timeline for all equipment builds and development (pre-production)
- Follow mold performance 90 days post SOP and track all open issues relating to mold performance and improvements
- Support of new mold launch at the AVO encapsulation sites as assigned by the PEG Engineering Manager of Encapsulation
- Travel to AGC AVO sites, progress reviews at equipment suppliers as well as equipment trials at supplier and AVO site
- Employ and promote safe work practices for yourself and those impacted by your assignments
- Maintain professional communication with internal and external customers
- Employ ethical and legal work practices at all times
- B.S. required in Plastics or Mechanical engineering or related technical field
- 3-5 years’ experience Tier 1 assembly tooling build and tuning
- Detailed understanding of: Thermoplastic process engineering, GD&T & tolerance stack-up principles, CAD Design Software to interact with review of Tool and Product Design, and Project Management principles
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.