AGC Advanced Supplier Development Manager, Farmington Hills, MI
Posting DateJanuary 12, 2018
Location of Position
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC is currently seeking an Advanced Supplier Development Manager responsible for leading supplier APQP requirements for new product development activities, supplier quality approvals, supplier risk assessment and supplier audits and supplier process improvement efforts ensuring continued certification to TS16949.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead supplier APQP roadmap to meet advanced supplier launch successfully
- Timely problem identification & resolution of critical supplier issues
- Manage teams in areas of supplier quality management in a high volume and diversified manufacturing environment
- Represent Supplier Quality Engineering on new product development teams and smoothly transition new designs into production
- Support Business Unit financial objectives
- Develop, prepare and implement Supplier Quality Program Plans
- Function as primary liaison for various suppliers
- Lead cross-functional teams to implement APQP and new supplier program launch tools
- Manage supplier assessment, qualification and performance of supplier base
- Establish supplier quality goals, work plans, and budgets
- Minimum of 8 years of Purchasing / Supplier Development
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain is preferred
- Expert in Automotive Industry highly preferred