AGC Advanced Corporate Purchasing Buyer, Farmington Hills, MI
Posting DateSeptember 20, 2017
Location of Position
Farmington Hills, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Advanced Corporate Purchasing Buyer will be responsible for planning and the execution of sourcing for parts and services and coordination of activities between different functional areas to ensure project(s) assigned are on time and under budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead purchasing activities as a key team member with the Project Team to develop and agree on cost targets for new components prior to customer quote including all bill of material items and investments
- Lead activities within purchasing to identify new potential suppliers
- Ensure early production supplier nomination and sourcing approval to meet all program milestones including total cost to budget, timing, quality, and capacity
- Ensure that AGC meets all purchasing budget milestones including all cost changes are justified and recovered appropriately to maintain budget
- Lead the development and implementation of new program launch process within AGC Automotive Purchasing
- Lead the process and analysis of Request for Quote and with appropriate cost breakdown/contribution margin analysis for all cost estimations and sourcing activities prior to sourcing recommendation
- Ensure all advanced sourcing activity is aligned with AGC purchasing commodity strategy
- Be a key member of the program launch team providing necessary purchasing support
- Negotiate long-term contracts with full cost breakdown/contribution understanding for supplier pricing, service, and supply assurance agreement to support company strategic planning and cost goals for all Automotive purchases
- Act as primary interface for the company with strategic suppliers
- Provide effective reporting/analysis and implementation
- Perform qualification assessments on existing and new suppliers and lead activities to support needed supplier improvements
- Bachelor of Science degree (Preference given to major in supply chain related or engineering area)
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in automotive purchasing (Tier 1 and/or Tier 2)
- Technical experience or manufacturing environment experience
- Experience with AS400 and Mapics desired
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and efficiently with internal customers and with AGC suppliers
- Strong conflict management skills are a must to support/lead purchasing strategies within AGC and AGC supply chain
- Strong leadership skills are a must to lead supplier negotiations and develop/implement sourcing strategies
- Ability to travel internationally & domestically
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.