AGC Administrative Assistant, Ypsilanti, MI
Posting DateAugust 16, 2017
Location of Position
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
AGC Automotive Americas – R&D Inc. has an opening for an Administrative Assistant responsible for supporting the legal, finance, human resource (HR), information technology (IT), and general office functions at the R&D Center in Ypsilanti, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend to accounts payable processes including coding of invoices, data entry, three-way matching, reconciliations, internal-audit, payment processing, and supplier support
- Act as a receptionist; provide customer service, information, referrals, and assistance to the general public and others
- Support the development, testing, revision, and implementation of new and existing procedures, including creation of manuals
- Provide historical reference information by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems
- Plan, coordinate, organize and communicate complex events and schedules
- Manage calendars, including scheduling/arranging meetings
- Ensure supporting materials (agendas, presentations, etc.) for meetings and events are prepared accurately and provided in a timely manner
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Maintain office equipment, inventory, anticipates needed supplies; evaluates new office products
- Support Human Resource function through compliance reviews, attracting, recruiting, retention, and transition activities, as appropriate
- Participate in periodic hardware, software, and access inventories and evaluations and support IT
- Handle legal documents, including revising, copying, scanning, distributing, filing and inputting into a document management system
- Receive and categorize legal correspondence, including input of correspondence into legal matter management system
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) or 5 to 10 years of combined experience supporting legal, financial, and general office functions
- Knowledge of and experience with legal, accounting, human resources and IT processes and procedures
- Experience managing day-to-day office operations
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and external parties
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat and an Accounting/Finance System
- Ability to travel up to 5%
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements in a cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.