Administrative Associate at Miami University
Posting DateOctober 3, 2018
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job ID: 6323 Classified SATSS FT (Hourly)
Performs a variety of complex administrative tasks involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of Socially Engaged Engineering & Computing (SEEC) initiatives, CEC External Relations and Communications, CEC IT within the College of Engineering and Computing.
- Ability to follow complex directions and complete tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of Miami University and familiarity with Miami’s policy and procedures, including Buyway, travel and expense reporting, credit card reconciliation and Kronos.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, Google calendaring and 25Live room scheduling system.
- Ability to write original content and edit web site content using a content management system, such as Cascade.
- Working knowledge of TeamDynamix IT workflow software.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http :// www. MiamiOH edu/c ampus-safe tv/annual-rep ort/ index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.