Accounting Technician at Miami University
Posting DateSeptember 19, 2016
Location of Position
Imagine the possibilities with a career at Miami…
Miami University is a major public university with a small college feel. Creating environments for learning excellence and providing career opportunities in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, West Chester and Luxembourg, our faculty and staff are the fuel that drives Miami!
We rank first nationally among public universities for best teaching by U.S. News & World Report. Our opportunities for growth and advancement aren't limited to students in the classroom. Our faculty, staff and student employees are highly valued for their contribution toward the Miami experience.
Miami’s main campus is located in Oxford, Ohio, 35 miles north of Cincinnati. A true college town, Oxford features a wide variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the main campus. Our regional campuses are located in Hamilton, Middletown and the Voice of America Learning Center in West Chester, Ohio.
Miami offers a great work environment and competitive benefits. We invite you to experience Miami and see how you can support the University’s academic mission.
Thank you for your interest in the career opportunities at Miami.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: Job ID: 3294 – SATSS – FT (Hourly)
This position is split between two offices, which will be 24 hours in the Department of Theatre and 16 hours in the Department of Architecture + Interior Design (Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm in Theatre and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Architecture + Interior Design, and Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Theatre).
Performs a variety of moderately complex clerical and administrative tasks requiring some independent judgment related to ensuring the successful completion of the daily operations of Accounting, Accounts Payable or Purchasing. In addition to accounting duties, this employee provides clerical support to the Departments' Administrative Assistants.
- Maintains complete, accurate, and up-to-date files and computer databases on student, university department and vendor accounts.
- Serves as informational resource for students, university departments, and vendors; investigates and resolves problems and difficulties regarding accounting, accounts payable, bursar and purchasing. Interprets policies and procedures.
- Assists in various routine and non-routine activities regarding accounting, accounts payable, bursar and purchasing.
- Performs a variety of intermediate to complex administrative tasks which may include review and monitor agency fund accounts for compliance with financial policies and procedures; process travel expense reports, various purchase documents, payments, budget reports and debit requisitions.
- Monitors and reviews projects; ensures all necessary changes are made. Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding accounting, accounts payable, bursar or purchasing's programs and activities; produces reports.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks including generating statements of account, answering phones, typing, coordinating bulk mailings, ordering supplies and copying.
- Requires twelve months of coursework or training beyond high school and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Miami University, an EOIAA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.