Hardware Support Tech (2 positions)
Job ID#s 1764 and 1905
Functioning as senior support resources, the ideal candidates will provide services to Miami University’s community for hardware and software IT Services. Working as a team, will assist other support staff on servicing designated systems, providing ongoing guidance to the support team, and assisting in the creation and success of a warranty and non-warranty hardware support center. Will organize and maintain work tickets, provide excellent customer service and troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues related to the designated environment.
- Associate's degree in a related field by date of hire.
- Intermediate (2+ years) experience in troubleshooting and repairing hardware problems in a complex networked environment.
- Basic experience (1+ years) working on Microsoft Windows related products in a computer support environment.
- Basic experience (1+ years) working on Mac/Apple related products in a computer support environment.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
To apply, please visit: miamioh.edu/jobs
A beautiful campus in a community setting, tuition fee education waiver, on-site fitness center, state of Ohio retirement plan options, and an on-site free health clinic are just a small sampling of the many outstanding benefits available to Miami employees.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html